Year 9 Scholarship Application
The Poto College House Trust is delighted to offera scholarship to a Year 8 student applying to board at Poto College House for their year 9 academic year and beyond.
The scholarship of $2,000 is valid for the boarder’s year 9 of boarding in 2022 and will be credited to the successful applicant’s first year fees. The scholarship has come about from an anonymous donor who has kindly offered $1,000 and the Poto College House Trust who will match the $1,000 to bring the total to $2,000.
The intention of the scholarship is to reward an individual who believes they are a good citizen, has good work habits, and will be a positive role model and involved member of the Poto College House family/whanau.
Year 9 boarders are invited to complete and submit the application form to the Manager of Poto College House supported by a written reference from their classroom teacher and a phone contact reference from a significant adult such as a sports coach, music teacher, drama teacher, community group leader etc (not to be a parent or family member).
The application and teacher reference are to be completed and submitted by 30th October 2021.
The Poto College House Citizenship Award will be awarded to a Year 8 student going into Year 9 at Wairarapa College and Poto College House who has displayed the qualities of a person who:
- Has worked diligently towards academic success
- Is empathetic to others
- Behaves in an inclusive manner
- Has involved themselves in the life of and contribution to their primary school whether that be in a leadership role, a school committee, giving service to their school, involved in a sport (individual or team), cultural group, drama group
- Is respectful to adults and peers and their diversity
- Is a general all-round good person and role model to their peers and those younger than themselves
This application may also be supported with evidence of recognitions which relate to the above criteria.
Download an application form here or complete the form below: